This fascinating, one-of-a-kind, miniature reproduction of the White House has taken over 40 years and more than 500,000 man hours to research, design and construct. It was created by John and Jan Zweifel of Orlando, Florida, their family, and hundreds of artisans as "a gift to the people."
The exquisite furnishings and the rooms have been handcrafted in authentic detail using a 1-inch to 1-foot scale.
The White House Replica has been viewed by more than 50 MILLION people in rhe United States an overseas.
"...a national treasure."
White House Trivia
- There are 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, and 6 levels in the Residence. There are also 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, and 3 elevators.
- At various times in history, the White House has been known as the "President's Palace," the "President's House," and the "Executive Mansion." President Theodore Roosevelt officially gave the White House its current name in 1901.
- Presidential Firsts while in office... President James Polk (1845-49) was the first President to have his photograph taken... President Theodore Roosevelt (1901-09) was not only the first President to ride in an automobile, but also the first President to travel outside the country when he visited Panama... President Franklin Roosevelt (1933-45) was the first President to ride in an airplane.
- The White House kitchen is able to serve dinner to as many as 140 guests and hors d'oeuvres to more than 1,000.
- The White House requires 570 gallons of paint to cover its outside surface.